Kitemark Limited takes the privacy of your information very seriously.
Definitions and interpretation
- Collectively all information that you submit to Kitemark Limited, via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
User or You
- Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either
- employed by Kitemark Limited and acting in the course of their employment or
- engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Kitemark Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and the website that you are currently using, Kitemark.net, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean including without limitation
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- Email Address
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Kitemark Limited is the ’data controller’.
- We will not retain personal data unless required and you give full agreement to such. Your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and or other companies within our group.
- If your posts or part of, are added to the website, these will remain indefinitely, unless you request their removal, however;
- If you have been threatened that action will be taken against you unless your post(s) are removed, we request a copy of the correspondence so it can be placed on the website.
- Any physical threats should be reported to the police
- Unless we are obliged by law to do so and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy,
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see the clause below (Security).
8. Data security is of great importance to Kitemark Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your Personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
Third party websites and services
9. Kitemark Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services will not have access to personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act, or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.